Low Carb (and Paleo) Chicken Piccata Recipe:
1 1/2 cup chicken stock, divided
Juice of 3 lemons, divided
1 clove garlic, minced
3 Tbsp capers
- Heat 1-2 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste.
- Sear the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Add 1 cup of the chicken stock (scrapping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan), juice of 2 lemons, and the garlic.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the remaining chicken stock, lemon juice, and the cappers. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the sauce over the chicken.
Served with yellow squash and zucchini.
Click Here to Pin It!
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.Comments: This was so easy to throw together and the meal was so much better than the nights we went out for dinner. This will definitely become a regular meal in my house. I just love the combination of tangy lemon juice and the touch of saltiness from the capers.Enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc.
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog.
Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!