The Easter season is usually filled with chocolate, jelly beans, cakes, and other sweet treats. Being surrounded by all that temptation makes it really easy to “fall off the wagon.” I created some Glazed Coconut Cakes that will help satisfy your sweet tooth without derailing the progress you’ve made so far this year. Not only are these great for Easter, but any time of the year. Have you tried implementing a less candy centric Easter with your family? To reduce the candy focus, try filling the eggs for Easter egg hunts with small toys, hair clips, erasers, bubbles, bouncy balls, rings, nuts, key chains, money, or other non-candy items that your kids would love. So many stores have small trinkets for under $1 that would work perfectly for Easter egg hunts.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup equivalent sweetener
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup equivalent powdered sweetener
- 3 Tbsp coconut milk
- Finely shredded unsweetened coconut to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the coconut flour, unsweetened coconut, baking soda, salt, and sweetener (if granular).
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut oil, sweetener (if liquid), eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Divide evenly into 10 muffin tins lined with cupcake liners.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- To make the glaze, combine all the ingredients thoroughly in a bowl.
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, remove the liners, poke holes all over the top of the cakes with a toothpick.
- Dip the cakes top side down into the glaze and allow to set.
- Re-dip the cakes for a second coat of glaze and sprinkle with unsweetened coconut.
Net Carb Count*: Glazed Coconut Cakes: 2.57 net carbs (per cake--recipe makes 10 cakes)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post