Can you believe April is over? This year is really flying by so quickly. Before I set sail on the low carb cruise this weekend I wanted to share with you some of my favorites recipes and articles from April.
What I loved in April:
- 31 uses for lemon peel shows clever ways to use up lemon peels. I’ve put lemon zest in my recipes before, but I really want to give the Lemon Olive Oil and Lemon Extract a try.
- I also loved this article on 5 Reasons to Avoid Almond Flour. Lauren, the author, ultimately says that almond flour should be used in moderation, but not avoided completely. Almond Flour is a great replacement for regular flour, but when it is consumed in excess inflammation can increase which causes other health issues.
- I thought this was a cute idea showing how to make your own mason jar drink cups. I can’t wait to give it a try!
- This article shows you how to make homemade bug repellent. How cool is that? And it’s really easy too!
- These GAPS friendly Parmesan Drumsticks make a great low carb and gluten-free dinner.
- Have you ever made homemade mayo? If you haven’t you definitely need to check out this homemade mayonnaise video.
- Check out some unique ways to get your kids to eat cauliflower. Some of these tips are low carb and will be great way to get yourself to eat cauliflower too.
What did you love in April? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
Have a great May!
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!