Throughout the years I’ve been low carbing I’ve never really been a fan of Muffins in a Minute (MIMs). The low carb MIMs I have tried in the past were usually spongy and never really appealed to me. Well, the desire to have a quick breakfast (or dessert) muffin forced me to create a MIM recipe that I could enjoy. After one bite of my low carb Chocolate Muffin in a Minute I was instantly transported back to the days when I would enjoy a huge double chocolate muffin slathered in butter. It was a perfect replacement! For me this recipe made two HUGE muffins. I ended up eating half of one muffin smeared with ghee for breakfast and I saved the other half for dessert. 🙂 So, in just a little over a minute you can have at least two servings of a warm chocolate muffin for breakfast (or dessert). The second muffin can be enjoyed the next day (it just needs to be warmed up) or maybe you will be nice enough to share with others. 🙂
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp equivalent sweetener
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil + more for greasing the ramekin
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 oz of dark chocolate (dairy free), chopped
- Lightly grease two 4 1/2" ramekins.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the dark chocolate) and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add the dark chocolate and stir to incorporate.
- Divide the batter evenly into the ramekins and microwave* for 1 minute 20 seconds (up to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until set).
- Run a knife along the edge of the ramekins and remove the muffins.
- Serve with butter or ghee.
- *Optionally you can bake these muffins at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
Net Carb Count*: Chocolate Muffins in a Minute: 6.5 net carbs (per serving--yields 2 large servings)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!