Pork Chops make an appearance on our dinner table quite often so I like to try different things to add some variety to our plates. Tapenade is basically a pesto or paste made from olives. The tapenade I decided to make added some pistachios and some fresh oregano to give it some flavor. Tapenade is versatile and can even be added to meatballs for a twist on the boring meatball (see my Spinach and Olive Tapenade Meatballs for another tapenade recipe. Sorry for the awful picture…my photography skills have clearly gotten better in the last year. 🙂
- 4 bone-in, thick cut pork chops
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup green olives (check ingredients)
- 1 Tbsp capers
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup oil (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Process all of the ingredients except the lemon zest and oil in the bowl of a food processor until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- With the food processor running, slowly add in the oil until a paste forms.
- Add the lemon zest and process until combine.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet (oven safe) over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper, to taste (remember the Tapenade is salty from the olives)
- Sear the pork chops for 3 minutes per side.
- Smear the tapenade over the top side of the pork chops and place the skillet in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the pork chops are cooked through.
Net Carb Count*: Pistachio and Herb Tapenade Pork Chops: 3.57 net carbs (per serving---serves 4)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!