Do you remember back a couple of weeks ago when I posted my recipe for Grain Free German Chocolate Cake Cookies? No? Well if not you should definitely go check out the recipe….good ahead….I’ll wait! (cue the Jeopardy theme music) Anyway, I have been obsessed with the chocolate cookie as a base for delicious toppings. This week I have the recipe for a Grain Free Almond Joy Cookie. It’s so good! The topping is a mix of coconut butter, chopped almonds, and toasted coconut. The only thing I wish I would have done (but didn’t think about until now) is drizzle some melted chocolate on top. I definitely recommend doing that!
Stay tuned for another delicious variation in a few weeks. I’ll give you a hint…Buckeyes. 🙂
Click Here to Pin It!
- 3 tbsp coconut flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (paleo) or Homemade Brown "Sugar" (low carb)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice or ACV
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup finely shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate mixing bowl on medium speed, mix together the coconut oil and sweetener of choice.
- Add the eggs and mix to thoroughly incorporate.
- Add the vanilla and lemon juice and mix to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix to incorporate.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out the cookies onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet(s) leaving enough space between each cookie. (I did 8 cookies per pan--it makes 16 cookies).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before frosting.
- Spread about 2 tsp of coconut butter on each cookie and sprinkle the almonds and toasted coconut on top.
Total Carbs: 4.3 g (for 1 cookie plus the carbs for the sweetener used)
Net Carbs: 1.6 g (for 1 cookie plus the carbs for the sweetener used)
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!