As the weather warms up, I end up turning on my oven less and less. Usually I like to have some fresh, no cook meals like salads, but cold soup also makes a great option. Gazpacho is a cold soup with usually a tomato base and sometimes has added bread blending in. Of course, I wanted to make a grain free version and found that I didn’t need to add any bread at all.
I love the flavors of a BLT and figured it would make a fresh summer soup. Before too long, tomatoes will be overflowing many of your gardens and this soup is a great option for using up all of those tomatoes. The only cooking involved is bacon and it’s never too hot to cook bacon!
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1 1/2 lbs of tomatoes
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and cut into bits
- 1/2 cup shredded lettuce
- Blend the tomatoes, cucumber, and garlic in a high speed blender.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste
- Strain the soup in a bowl through a fine mesh strainer.
- Transfer to serving bowls (serves 4) and top each bowl with shredded lettuce and bacon bits
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post