I’ve been keeping my meals super simple because it’s summertime and the delicious vegetables and pastured meat this time of year are just so good on their own. Last week I wanted to add a little excitement to my usual butter (or ghee) topped meat and veggies by adding some flavoring. I found some sun-dried tomatoes that were just tomatoes and sea salt. Of course, you could make your own but tomato season isn’t here in S.C. yet so that’s on my list to try later in the season. Basil, on the other hand, is in season. It was so fresh and vibrant in my CSA box last week….I just had to add it to my meals. I ended up topping my grilled chicken and zucchini with the Basil and Sun-Dried Tomato Compound Butter. It was such a great flavor combo!
Click Here to Pin This Post!
- 8 Tbsp grassfed butter, softened (you could also try it with ghee for Paleo)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 basil leaves
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes and basil.
- In a small bow, mix together the butter, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and garlic until throughly incorporated.
- Place the mixture onto parchment paper (or plastic wrap) and form into a log.
- Refrigerate until set .
- Slice and serve topped on grilled chicken or steak.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post