The other week my CSA came with a deliciously ripe Watermelon. I don’t usually eat very much fruit, except for the occasional berry, but the watermelon was perfectly ripe and was just begging to be used. The good thing about in-season fruit is that you don’t have to add any sweetener to it…it’s already sweet enough. Nature’s dessert! I hope you enjoy the seasonal watermelon and the last bits of summer. 🙂
Have you seen this nifty way to cut a watermelon? Check out the fast way to cut a watermelon. I wasn’t as fast as he was, but the method does work pretty well.
Click Here to Pin This Post!
- 1 1/2 cups of watermelon pieces
- 13 oz of coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp honey (or Confectioner's Swerve for lower sugar)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Purée the watermelon in a blender until smooth.
- Strain through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds
- Fill the popsicle molds halfway full with the watermelon
- Combine the coconut milk, sweetener, and vanilla.
- Pour the coconut mixture over the watermelon mixture.
- Freeze for 40 minutes and then insert popsicle sticks into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for another 4-6 hours or until set.