Today is Day 8 of our 30 Day Clean Eating Challenge. So far so good for me and while my diet normal consists of clean low carb and paleo eating, I had indulged on a little too many grain free treats over the holidays. Plus I’m trying to get rid of SIBO so it’s best for me to eat a sugar/sweetener free and low FODMAP diet right now. When I’m on such a restrictive diet I tend to keep my meals very simple so I don’t introduce too many food variables that my body can react to. After awhile it can get a little boring so lately I’ve been experimenting with some new recipes. These Spiced Chicken Wings are marinated in a spice mixture and makes a flavorful wing. The wings still get super crispy even though they are baked and would make a great addition to any of the end of the season football parties you have. No need to wreck your diet…these have clean ingredients!
Click Here to Pin It!
- 8-10 wing sections, cut into pieces
- 1/4 cup garlic infused olive oil (regular will work too)
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp real salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp hot paprika
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, turmeric, and hot paprika and stir to combine.
- Place the chicken pieces into a resealable bag and add the spice mixture.
- Seal the bag and spread the spice mixture evenly over all the chicken pieces.
- Let marinate for about 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Place the wings skin side down, in a single layer on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip the wings over and bake for another 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.