So you made the switch to a low carb diet. You cut out pasta and bread, but maybe you are still having digestive problems or joint pain. If you aren’t completely gluten and grain free the foods you are eating could be causing inflammation and damage to your stomach lining. Inflammation is linked to many diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis, infertility, and allergies. Grains can also disrupt blood sugar regulation.
Or maybe you just haven’t been able to get the hang of cooking and baking with coconut and other nut flours. Perhaps you’ve started to examine the ingredients in the food you eat and wonder why you can’t even pronounce the ingredients. Dr. Jill Tieman’s Grain Free Cooking Classes will show you how to handle coconut and other low carb flours as well as how to make food within a grain-free diet rich in nutrients from fruits, veggies, and meat.
The class is taught by Dr. Jill Tieman. She is a Clinical Nutritionist and Chiropractor with a specialty in SCD (Specific Carbohydrate Diet) and GAPS (Gut and Psychology Syndrome).
For more information or to sign up visit the Go Grain-Free Cooking Class site. Use coupon code ‘SPECIAL’ for $20 off (Offer good until October 31, 2012) .
The Grain-Free Cooking Classes will teach you how to:
- Bake with grain-free flours such as nut flours and coconut flour;
- Properly prepare nuts and seeds for easy digestion;
- Make nutritious breakfasts with waffles and pancakes, that are low carb, grain-free and taste better than those made with grains;
- Cook traditional meals with chicken, meat and fish that will satisfy even the pickiest eater — all without grains;
- Put together snacks like energy bars and granola that are full of nutrients rather than empty calories;
- Save money by making your own real food staples and condiments;
- Make a grain-free lunch wrap that really works;
- Save time by cooking in bulk and storing;
Some of the recipes from the video lessons include:
- Bacon and Egg Bake
- Poached Egg with Asparagus and Hollandaise
- Crustless Artichoke Quiche
- Homemade Mayonnaise
- Pizza Crust with Meat Sauce
- Garlicky Chicken Thighs
- Portobello Pizza
- Herbed Pot Roast Braised Short Ribs
- Italian Brisket with Gravy
While some of the ingredients may not all be low carb (i.e. sweetener) substitutes can be made to use the sweeteners that work best for you.
For more information or to sign up visit the Go Grain-Free Cooking Class site. Use coupon code ‘SPECIAL’ for $20 off (Offer good until October 31, 2012)
*Photo by Dr. Jill Tieman and shows the Sandwich Wraps from the Go Grain-Free Cooking Class.
****Disclosure: Some of the links within in this post (and side bar) may be affiliate links. I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs for items purchased through the affiliate links. I appreciate your support as this is helping for the cost of recipe development, graphic design, and for the publication of an eBook due out in February 2013.****