What is your favorite way to eat pumpkin? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. 🙂
- 2 cups almond flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp equivalent sweetener (I used Swerve)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup "Cream Cheese" (recipe below)
- 1/4 -1/3 cup equivalent sweetener (sweeten to taste--I used Swerve Confectioners Style or use honey for paleo)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients for the crust.
- Add the coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Press the crust into a 9" x 9" square baking dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Allow to cool.
- Using an electric mixture, blend all of the ingredients for filling.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until the filling sets.
Net Carb Count*: Low Carb Pumpkin Bars: 2.65 net carbs per bar (yields 20 bars) *Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
- 2 cups blanched almonds (see how to blanch almonds)
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Yields about 2 cups.
Adapted from Healthy Living How To
Check out Swerve’s November Deal: Buy 2 Get 1 Free Confectioners Style Sweetener
Not interested in the Confectioners Style sale? Use LOWCARB10 for 10% off your order (not valid with the above deal).
****Disclosure: Some of the links within in this post (and side bar) may be affiliate links. I receive a small percentage from the respected affiliate programs for items purchased through the affiliate links. I appreciate your support as this is helping for the cost of recipe development, graphic design, and for the publication of an ebook due out in February 2013.****
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!