- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 Tbsp equivalent sweetener (or honey for Paleo)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 cup almond cream (or 8 oz cream cheese if you eat dairy)
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp equivalent powdered sweetener, divided (or 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp honey for Paleo)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup of coconut cream* (or whipping cream if you eat dairy)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the crust and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" pie dish.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, mix the almond cream, almond butter, 1 cup sweetener, and coconut oil until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the coconut cream and 3 Tbsp sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Fold in 1/3 of the whipped coconut cream into the almond butter mixture to lighten the filling.
- Fold in the reaming whipped coconut cream and pour into the pie shell.
- Refrigerated for 1-2 hours or until set.
- *For coconut cream, place one can of coconut milk (may take two cans to make 1 cup of cream) in the refrigerator overnight. Open the can and scoop out the cream that has risen to the top. Save the coconut water for smoothies or other recipes.
Net Carb Count*: Chocolate Almond Butter Pie: 9 net carbs (per serving--serves 8)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!