Today I wanted to share another treat for Valentine’s Day….Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes. These cakes would be the perfect ending to your romantic Valentine’s Day dinner or any dinner for that matter. The fudgy chocolate cake with a gooey molten center is a great way to enjoy a Valentine’s Day treat without ruining all of the hard word you’ve done so far this year.
What do you plan to make for Valentine’s Day? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. 🙂
Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
- 2.5 oz dairy free dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus more for greasing the ramekins)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp equivalent sweetener
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Grease two 4 oz ramekins with coconut oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together and add the vanilla.
- Beat the eggs and sweetener together.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the almond flour and mix until incorporated.
- Fill the ramekins evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes (you don't want to over bake).
- Run a knife along the edges of the ramekins and set a plate on top of the ramekin.
- Flip the ramekin over onto the plate and lift the ramekin.
- Repeat for the other ramekin.
- Serve immediately.
Net Carb Count*: Chocolate Molten Lava Cake: 8 net carbs (per serving--serves 2)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.