What do you plan to make for Valentine’s Day? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below.
- 2.5 oz dairy free dark chocolate (I used 85%)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (plus more for greasing the ramekins)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp equivalent sweetener
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Grease two 4 oz ramekins with coconut oil and dust with cocoa powder.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together and add the vanilla.
- Beat the eggs and sweetener together.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
- Add the almond flour and mix until incorporated.
- Fill the ramekins evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes (you don't want to over bake).
- Run a knife along the edges of the ramekins and set a plate on top of the ramekin.
- Flip the ramekin over onto the plate and lift the ramekin.
- Repeat for the other ramekin.
- Serve immediately.
Net Carb Count*: Chocolate Molten Lava Cake: 8 net carbs (per serving--serves 2)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!