Almond Butter Coconut Cookies (Low Carb and Paleo)

almond butter coconut cookies_0066_600f

It’s always nice to have an easy cookie recipe.  One of my go-to cookie recipes to make is Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies. One request I get a lot is from people wanting to substitute liquid sweeteners, such as Stevia, in the cookies instead of using Swerve.  The problem with that is the Swerve adds bulk to the cookies and soaks up the almond butter.  I decided to try out a new recipe, to make these cookies Paleo friendly by using unsweetened finely shredded coconut to add some bulk to the cookies.  Also, instead of dipping the chocolate I added chopped dark chocolate in the cookie dough (Note: the chocolate isn’t pictured). I’m happy to report that these are deliciously easy cookies that are every bit as good as my Chocolate Dipped Almond Butter Cookies.

Almond Butter Coconut Cookies

Ingredients

Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
  2. Combine the almond butter and coconut.
  3. Add the egg, vanilla, and baking soda.
  4. Mix in the dark chocolate until combined.
  5. Scoop cookies onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
  6. Flatten the cookies using a fork to make the crisscross pattern.
  7. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.

Notes

Net Carb Count*: Almond Butter Coconut Cookies: 1.97 net carbs (for one cookie---makes 24 cookies).

*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

paleo meal plans_paleo

Click +1 Below:

Opt In Image
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!

You May Also Like:

Comments

1. Karla Fales says

I made these cookies and they were much darker and crumbly than shown. I couldn’t press them with a fork or they crumbled. They were also very wet from the oils….was my almond butter too warm? They were also very bland, perhaps honey would be an improvement over stevia.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

The dark chocolate helps add some flavor to the cookies…honey would also help for Paleo. The oils helped keep everything together so they could be pressed with a fork before baking…the honey would probably help with that too

2. Aviva says

Cookies look yummy! Great diabetic treat. Just curious about any substitution for the sweetner don’t think I can get where I am. If so give me a few options please so I don’t drive you crazy!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I only use stevia or Swerve (it’s a dry sweetener and is better in my other Almond Butter Cookie recipe). You can find stevia at Whole Foods or similar store. Also, Amazon has it also.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I used to buy it, but lately Almond Butter that has no added ingredients has been $15-20 a jar and a little pricey for me. Trader Joes still has almond butter cheaper and other than that I just try and find one that has no added ingredients…just almonds and organic if possible.

• Jennifer says

Costco (if you have one near you) sells maranatha almond butter with nothing but almonds in the ingredient list. The jar is $6 and is way bigger than what you will find at the grocery stores!

3. Erica says

I tried making these too and the cookies turned out much darker than pictured. They were oily when I made them into balls to flatten onto the cookie sheet, but after baking, they came out very dry and tasteless. I ended up putting a load of chocolate chips into them for a bit of taste. Don’t think I’ll be making them again.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I much prefer the other AB cookie version I have that uses Swerve. These are best with the added chocolate.