I have lettuce wrapped burgers pretty often since they make such an easy dinner. And although I’m a creature of habit and could eat the same thing for dinner over and over again, I do eventually get bored with the same ole thing. Pesto is usually reserved for zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash, but the other night I ended up topping my burger with it. It was sooooo delicious. The fresh flavors of the pesto paired perfectly with the ground beef of my burger. I ended up topping my burger, but you could easily mix the pesto into the burger meat before you cook it. It’s definitely a must try!
Click Here to Pin It!
- 2 oz. basil leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted cashews or pine nuts
- 1/2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 4 cooked burger patties
- Place the basil, cashews, salt, and lemon juice in a mini chopper or food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients are chopped and combined.
- Add the olive oil and process until creamy.
- Top the cooked burger patties with pesto and serve over lettuce.