Mollie was assigned to send me goodies and she had the hard task of finding low carb goodies to share. I’m happy to report she did a great job! Check it out!
I was so excited to get my Foodie PenPals box! Mollie sent the following:
- Roasted Garlic Peppercorn Dry Rub. Garlic and Peppercorn is one of my favorite spice combinations. I can’t wait to throw this on some steak and grill it up!
- A Frogtown Toledo Glass from Libbey Glass (local). It represents where Mollie was from and it is so cute.
- Sugar Free Forest Berries. These are some sugar free fruit chews. I tore those open and gobbled them up right away.
- Roasted Tomato Salad. This will be perfect when I make Salsa Chicken which I usually make every other week to take for lunch.
- Tony Packo’s Sweet Hot Ketchup. A specialty ketchup from a hotdog place where she was from. I should try this in my new favorite BBQ Sauce.
- Brochures of some great Ohio placesto check out
It was so fun participating in Foodie PenPals. I learned some new things about the history of food in South Carolina (future post) and the food and places in Ohio. I also got to meet some great girls! Be sure to check and see what Mollie received. Also, below is some more info on how to join Foodie PenPals (you don’t have to be a blogger to join).
Details about Foodie Penpals:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
-Foodie Penplas is open to US & Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for August, please CLICK HERE to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions.
You must submit your information by August 4th as pairings will be emailed on August 5th!