You’ve already seen how easy it is to make Homemade Taco Seasoning that is low carb and paleo, but have you ever looked at the ingredients of store bought taco sauce? It is full of ingredients that are far from real food and add unnecessary carbs to the mix. My fiance loves to use taco sauce, but after looking at the ingredients I just couldn’t bring myself to buy store bought any longer. I decided to come up with a recipe that was easy to make, but still full of real food ingredients. With just a few ingredients you can whip up a batch of Homemade Taco Sauce very quickly. No need to buy store bought ever again.
- 2-8 oz cans of organic tomato sauce (check ingredients and use BPA free cans)
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 3 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened (stir the sauce occasionally).
Net Carb Count*:
Homemade Taco Sauce: 1.81 net carbs (per serving (2 Tbsp)--recipe yields about 16 servings)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post