This weekend will be in celebration of Labor Day which typically marks the end of summer. There’s no better way to enjoy summer’s end then with some grilled burgers with a side of Bacon Vinaigrette Marinated Asparagus (recipe below).
To help celebrate Summer’s End, Swerve is giving away a Weber Grill and some Swerve (enter below)! Plus now through September 3rd, Swerve Sweetener is having a fabulous sale on their Granular Sweetener. The 16 oz. bags are only $9.99 and if you order six bags the price drops to $8.33/pack (plus free shipping). You definitely don’t want to miss out on that deal!
Some of my favorite Swerve recipes are:
Don’t forget to enter to win this great giveaway from Swerve Sweetener! One lucky winner (open to U.S. residents only) will win a Weber 22.5″ Silver One-Touch, Kettle Grill and a Three Pack of Swerve Sweetener. Giveaway ends at midnight September 5th, 2013.
- 1 lb organic asparagus, trimmed
- 2 pieces of pastured bacon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Sweetener to taste (Start with 1 tsp...I used Swerve Sweetener)
- Fry the bacon until crisp and remove to drain, leaving the renderings.
- Over medium low heat, add the Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and sweetener. Whisk to combine.
- Add the asparagus to a bowl and pour the marinade over the asparagus. Let marinate for 15-30 minutes.
- Sear the asparagus over medium high heat on a grill or grill pan. Cook for 5-10 minutes (or until tender), turning to cook all sides.
- Top with crumbled bacon before serving.
Net Carb Count*: 2.23 g net carbs (for 1 serving)--serves 4
Total Carb Count: 4.75 g total carbs (for 1 serving)--serves 4
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
This content will be shown after all post