Between working full time and putting up recipes on the blog/Facebook life is definitely busy. I’m always looking for ways to prepare meals ahead of time so I don’t have to worry about my meals during the week. One of my go-to lunches is Salad in a Jar. It’s so easy to throw together! I make up a few jars on Sunday night to have for lunch during the week. The great thing about a Salad in a Jar is that there are some many different combinations so use your favorite veggies and salad additions.
Steps for Salad in a Jar:
- Pour dressing in the bottom of the jar–I like Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing (recipe below).
- Top with hearty vegetables like cucumbers, carrots, radishes, beets, etc.
- Add a layer of lighter vegetables (or fruits) like tomatoes (I remove the seeds), red onions, mushrooms, broccoli, strawberries, etc.
- Add a layer of cooked chicken, wild tuna, or wild salmon.
- Fill the rest of the jar with plenty of salad greens like spring mix, arugula, spinach, romaine, etc.
- Store in the refrigerator and shake the jar just before serving to mix the salad and to coat with dressing. Serve in a bowl for easier mixing and top with an extras like shredded grassfed cheddar cheese.
What would you put in your Salad in a Jar?
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice 1/2 organic lemon
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large jar. Shake the jar to combine or fill the jar with the remaining Salad in a Jar ingredients and shake just before serving.
Net Carb Count*: 2.93 g net carbs (serves 1)
Total Carb Count: 3 g total carbs (serves 1)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
This content will be shown after all post