One of our favorite meals to make is pulled pork in the slow cooker. It’s so easy to throw all of the ingredients into the slow cooker and come back 12 hours later to tender and juicy pulled pork. I definitely recommend a bone-in Boston butt to help maintain the juiciness of the pork. Also, the combination of the sea salt and bacon create a delicious smoky flavor without having to buy an expensive smoker. I like to play around with the flavor combinations, but our favorite is adding the citrus juices. We usually end up making this three or four times a month…definitely a house favorite!
What flavors would you add?
- 5 lbs bone-in pastured Boston butt
- 2 Tbsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 orange, zest and juice
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 strips thick cut pastured bacon
- Rub the Boston butt with the sea salt and place into a slow cooker.
- Add the coconut aminos and all of the citrus juice and zest.
- Top with the bacon slices
- Cover and cook on low for 12 hours
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with a fork into a bowl.
- Pour about 2-3 cups of cooking liquid over the shredded pork
- Serve in lettuce cups.
Net Carb Count*: 2.94 g net carbs for 1 serving (serves 6)
Total Carb Count: 5.16 g total carbs for 1 serving (serves 6)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Adapted from Nom Nom Paleo
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post