Me and dairy haven’t gotten along in many years. I used to fill the void by downing tons of those Lactaid pills or by eating fake dairy. Eventually I had to add more and more of those pills for it to even be effective. One day I decided that it was ridiculous to take so many pills just to enjoy a little cheese or ice cream so I stopped eating dairy and taking those pills. After going low carb and eventually Paleo my digestion improved by leaps and bounds. It helped tremendously to heal my stomach and while I have a long way to go to completely heal my gut and digestive issues I am now able to handle dairy. I try not to go overboard with it since I still have more healing to do and I’m not ready to test my limits yet, but it’s nice to enjoy some grass fed cheese from time to time.
*To rice cauliflower: Cut 1 head of cauliflower into florets. Place the florets into a blender and pulse 6-8 times or until the cauliflower resembles rice.
- 3 1/2 cups cauliflower rice*
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 2 cups of grated zucchini)
- 2 Tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 1/4 cups shredded grass fed sharp cheddar (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Place the cauliflower in a pot over medium high heat. Add the bone broth and bring to a light boil.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Drain any excess liquid.
- Add the zucchini, butter, cheese, and garlic powder.
- Stir and cook for another 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Net Carb Count*: 4.64 g net carbs (for 1 serving)--serves 4
Total Carb Count: 7.84 g total carbs (for 1 serving)--serves 4
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Adapted from Buns In My Oven
This content will be shown after all post