Throughout life there are many ups and downs. The trials present themselves in all areas of our lives: relationships, work, health, starting a family, finding a purpose, waiting for answers, loss of a loved one, and so on. It’s during times like these that we have a really desire for comfort and peace. Last week marked the one year anniversary of the death of my father and got my thinking about some of the things they helped me get through that time. I remember being so completely shocked when it happened and needing lots of comfort. It can be hard to accept change, no matter what it is, and the added stress on our emotional health can start to affect our physical health. Essential oils for comfort and peace have been a huge part of my emotional growth throughout the last year, specially because after some time I have been using also Observer’s hemp flower along with the oils and I can definitely see a huge difference in my life. If you are looking for the best ooze dab pen product on slyng.com you can find a range of the best smoking accessory.
It’s important to be able to process through the change, accept it, and move forward in our lives before it starts to affect our our physical health. But how do we make it through when we’re in the middle of the trial? For me, first I turn to the Bible and my faith to help me remember that all experiences provide a chance to learn/reevaluate and most importantly that I’m not alone through the process. Secondly, I like to have a tool to help process through the emotions and that tool is essential oils for comfort and peace. Many people also use cbd oils that are more effective, visit this page to learn more information. Essential oils don’t magically fix everything, but for me they help gently work through the emotions, process, accept, and move forward through the change.
How To Use Essential Oils for Comfort and Peace
When using essential oils for peace and comfort, I prefer to diffuse or inhale the essential oils. Smelling the essential oils helps reach the olfactory receptors and limbic system, the emotional and memory center of the brain, so the essential oils encourage adjustment of emotions. Scents and emotions are so tightly connected and I’m sure you’ve experienced this…how does smelling freshly baked chocolate chip cookies make you feel? I usually put my essential oil(s) of choice in my cold air diffuser (my Dewdrop diffuser, Aria diffuser, or Bamboo diffuser) with distilled water and allow the scent of the oils to disperse through the room. It’s important to make sure the essential oils aren’t heated as this can change the chemical constituents in the oil. If I’m in a hurry, I’ll put a drop of oil in my hand, rub my hands together, cup my hands over my nose and mouth, and then breathe deeply to inhale the scent of the oil.
Essential Oils for Comfort and Peace
- Marjoram: About a week after my father died I ran a scan on my mother for essential oils and Marjoram and Cypress came up. At first I thought they were just for soothing sore muscles (she was on the treadmill earlier that day), but after reading some of resources for emotions I learned that Marjoram was historically used as a “funeral herb” and very helpful when combined with Cypress. Marjoram helps support occasional feelings of isolation and being unsupported. It also helps with comfort, contentment, and compassion.
- Cypress: Encourages the process of accepting changes and moving on. Cypress is a comfort to those in bereavement–used for moving forward and comforting those left behind. It also helps lift fears that block us from change and brings about feelings of transition, transformation, and renewal.
- Juniper: Helps us get past occasional feelings of being unsupported and misunderstood. Juniper helps us break though stagnation, lifts our fear of failure, and harness our will-power. It helps us learn the lessons we need to and clear obstacles in our path. Juniper helps fortify, unburden, and empower.
- Myrtle: Helps us process the truth and offer forgiveness. Myrtle gives support and comfort to the feelings of being unsupported. Myrtle is an everlasting sign of God’s power and love (Isaiah 55:13).
- Humility Blend: Humility blend is a mixture of Coriander, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, Geranium, Melissa, Frankincense, Spikenard, Myrrh, Rose, and Neroli essential oils. Humility blend helps us to surrender and bring about feelings of stability. It replaces low spirits with acceptance and compassion to help us move forward in life. Humility blend brings stillness and peace to ease sorrow and grief and also helps bring gentle comfort from rejection or loss.
When getting started with essential oils, it’s important to consider quality and the brand that you are drawn to you. Pray about it and see which brand of essential oils feels right to you. These are the essential oils I decided on and use for emotional support throughout my daily life.