For the last few weeks carrots have been in my CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box and mostly I’ve just been roasting them or making Carrot Whip with half roasted carrots and half steamed cauliflower all whipped together using my immersion blender. This week I needed a breakfast recipe that I could take with me on the go. I figured these Carrot Cake Breakfast Muffins would be perfect since I would use up some of the carrots from my CSA box and it was a nice change from roasted carrots. I used these as a breakfast recipe so I didn’t add any frosting…just a pat of some delicious grass fed better.
The Benefits of Carrots
- Excellent source of antioxidants that could help protect against cardiovascular disease
- High in carotenoids to help reduce cancers like bladder, cervix, prostate, and colon
- Promote good vision and protect against macular degeneration and cataracts
- Great for immune system and detoxification
- 1 heaping cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 3 large pastured eggs
- 1 tsp liquid stevia or desired sweetener (For Paleo use an equivalent amount of honey)
- 1/4 cup grass fed butter, soften
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients and add the dry ingredients to the bowl.
- Stir to combine and then add the carrots.
- Fill a muffin tin with liners and fill each muffin liner 3/4 the way full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked through
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before serving with a pat of grass fed butter.
Net Carb Count*: Carrot Cake Muffins: 4.4 net carbs (for one muffin---makes 7 muffins).
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!