During the summer I’m always looking for recipes to make for dinner that don’t require turning on the oven. So that means I usually turn to the grill. Grilling is a great option and it makes the after dinner clean up a breeze. Even if you don’t own a grill, a grill pan works great for getting the same results as using an outdoor grill.
I love to pair citrus flavors with chicken, which makes a great light and refreshing summertime meal. These Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers are bursting with flavor! There’s no bland, same ole same ole, chicken breast going on here. I served my chicken along side some grilled veggies, but the chicken would also be great on top of a salad.
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 3 cloves grated garlic (I use my microplane to grate the garlic)
- 1 Tbsp grated onion (I use my microplane to grate the onion)
- 1 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- In a resealable plastic bag, add all the ingredients of the marinade.
- Add the chicken pieces to the bag, seal, and make sure the marinade is evenly distributed
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 mins
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and place the pieces onto skewers leaving same space in between each piece of chicken (if using wooden skewers be sure to soak them in water first).
- Discard excess marinade.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning occasionally to grill each side.
Net Carb Count*: Lemon and Garlic Grilled Chicken Skewers: 3.98 net carbs for one serving (serves 4) *Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.