Most of the time my breakfasts consist of meat and veggies, but every once in awhile I like something a little different. These Powdered Chocolate Donut Holes really hit the spot! I wanted to make them using coconut flour because lately I have been going overboard with the nuts (almond flour, almond butter, macadamia nuts, etc.). Consuming too many nuts can throw off your Omega 3: Omega 6 ratio, since nuts usually have more Omega 6’s in them which means that they can be inflammatory. When I start to feel extra inflammation, nuts and dairy are the first things I cut back on (since I already avoid grains, vegetable oils, etc.) and this helps me reduce the inflammation.
When using coconut flour not all brands behave the same way. I use Let’s Do Organic, but if you find your dough is a little dry then you can trying adding a little bit of liquid (eggs, coconut milk, butter, coconut oil, etc.) to help bring the dough together. Hope that helps!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 Tbsp organic cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup equivalent sweetener (Use Swerve for low carb or use honey for Paleo)
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Confectioner's Swerve or use powdered coconut sugar for Paleo
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Combine the coconut flour, cocoa powder, sweetener (if dry), baking soda, and salt
- Combine the eggs, honey (if using) and butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Scoop the dough (I used a small cookie scoop) onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet (makes 14 donut holes).
- Bake for 8-10 mins
- Allow to cool
- Place the Confectioner's Swerve or powdered coconut sugar into a plastic bag and add the donut holes and shake to coat
Net Carb Count*: 2.8 g net carbs for 3 donut holes (makes about 14 donut holes)
Total Carb Count: 6.4 g for 3 donut holes (plus the carbs for the sweetener)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Check +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!