Another great option for holiday parties are dips. This Taco Dip is a great choice and can be served with veggies or crackers (Try these without the rosemary).
Let’s face it…we’re all busy. Making good decisions in regards to our diets can often be clouded by the fact that our time is limited. Every Friday I will share with you a recipe or technique that uses 5 Ingredients or fewer. The idea is to show you recipes that are easy to prepare and versatile for all of us that don’t have time to whip up a complicated meal during the week.
The recipes will include 5 ingredients or fewer, but there are a few ingredients that are considered “free” ingredients that you probably use every day and are already in your kitchen. The “free” items are water, salt, black pepper, and cooking oil. These items may be used in recipes and won’t count toward the ingredient total. I will also include some optional items that would be great to add if you have them on hand but you don’t need to make a special trip to the store if you’re all out.
Ready to get started?
Click Here to Pin It!
- 2 lbs grassfed ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 2 1/2 cups Taco Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups grassfed cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- In a large, oven proof skillet over medium high heat, brown the ground beef.
- After about 4 minutes, add the onions and cook until the onions are tender and the ground beef is cooked through.
- Add the taco sauce and taco seasoning and stir to combine.
- Top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the skillet in the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
Net Carb Count*: 3.13 g net carbs (for 2 oz serving)
Total Carb Count: 3.97 g total carbs (for 2 oz serving) makes 16 servings
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.