I like to make quick desserts, especially those that only have a couple of servings so I don’t go overboard. Since the holidays are upon us I have been craving pumpkin and wanted to create a dessert muffin that would feature the iconic flavors of the holidays. These muffins are also great for breakfast! I know a lot of people prefer not to use a microwave so the good news is that you can still make these muffins…they’ll just take a little longer to make.
Also, check out some of the other Muffins in a Minute that I’ve made:
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp powdered sweetener (or use honey for Paleo)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter + more for greasing the ramekin
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 large pastured egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Lightly grease two 4 1/2" ramekins.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Divide the batter evenly into the ramekins and microwave for 1 minute 20 seconds (up to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until set) or bake these muffins at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Run a knife along the edge of the ramekins and remove the muffins.
- Serve with butter or ghee.
Net Carb Count*: 3.42 g net carbs (for 1 muffin)--makes 2 muffins
Total Carb Count: 5.92 g total carbs (for 1 muffin, plus the carbs for the sweetener)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.