I have to admit I’ve been craving some grain chocolate chip cookies for awhile now. I’ve been hesitant simply because I knew I would probably want to devour all of the cookies in a typical batch of cookies. Sure I could freeze them or give them away, but who can resist a warm cookie fresh out of the oven? 🙂 I ended up coming up with this Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Minute which is the perfect size to satisfy my cookie craving without going overboard. It’s about the size of two regular cookies so you could even split it in half…if you’re feeling generous! Though I wouldn’t suggest saving some for later as it’s best served right away. Also, you can either make it low carb or Paleo depending on your preferences.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1 Tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar for Paleo or 1 Tbsp Homemade Brown "Sugar" for low carb (recipe here)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Real salt
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 Tbsp dairy free chocolate chips for Paleo (or Stevia sweetened chocolate chips for low carb)
- Place the butter in a 3" ramekin and stir in the coconut sugar (or Homemade Brown "Sugar").
- Add the egg yolk, vanilla, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the almond flour and stir to incorporate.
- Lastly, add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Microwave for 55 seconds (or Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes)
- Serve with a spoon or let cool slightly before removing from the ramekin.
Total Carb Count: 7.8 g (for the entire recipe plus the carbs for the sweetener used.)
Net Carb Count: 4.1 g (for the entire recipe plus the carbs for the sweetener used.)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.