Yesterday was my 3 year blogiversary! Wow, it’s so hard to believe that over 3 years ago I started my journey to health and then decided to document my recipes and journey through this blog. What started out as a little hobby to fill some free time and to have a place to store recipes ended up turning into a huge passion for learning all that I can about food and natural living to improve health and wellness. It’s an honor to be a part of your journey and I sincerely hope that I have helped along the way.
There’s no better way to celebrate a blogiversary (or New Years) than with Bacon Wrapped Smokies. It makes a great appetizer and the sweet and salty combinations pairs well together.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 12 oz cocktail franks (I use the Applegate farms brand)
- 1 lb pastured bacon (each piece cut into thirds)
- 1 cup coconut sugar or Homemade Brown Sugar (recipe here for low carb)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silpat mat or foil.
- Wrap a small piece of bacon around one of the cocktail franks and secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat with the remaining cocktail franks.
- Coat the bacon wrapped cocktail franks with coconut sugar and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the bacon is cooked through.
- Place in a crockpot to keep warm for serving at parties.