I’ve been looking for different cuts of meat to try and the short ribs looked great so I decided to pick up a few pounds. I am sure glad I did! The short ribs fell right off the bone and they were so juicy and tender. Sometimes when I cook beef in the slow cooker it gets dry and really needs the sauce to provide moisture. These short ribs don’t even need extra sauce. They were so moist and flavorful right off the bone. My mouth is watering just writing up the recipe. I will definitely be making these again!
Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
- 4 lbs of beef short ribs
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos (a soy free version of Soy Sauce)
- 4 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients, except for the short ribs.
- Place the short ribs on a foil lined sheet pan and broil bone side up for 5-6 minutes. Flip the short ribs over and broil for another 5-6 minutes.
- Add the short ribs to a slow cooker and pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- Once cooked, remove the short ribs, skim off the fat, and serve the sauce over the ribs.
- Serve with steamed broccoli or cauli-rice
Net Carb Count*: Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs: 40 net carbs (for the entire recipe, but not all of the sauce is used)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts.
Products I used for this meal (click the images for more info or to purchase):
Check out other Allergy Free Recipes: