Pizza was always a staple for weekend meals at my house, but when I went low carb I had to get creative with ways to still enjoy pizza. Roasted portabella mushroom caps serve as a great vehicle for pizza toppings. Pile it high with your favorite toppings and eat it with a fork and knife. It’s a perfect way to enjoy pizza! Since Cinco de Mayo is so close I decided to make Taco Pizzas. These tasty pizzas utilize my Homemade Taco Seasoning and Homemade Taco Sauce recipes. Not only do you get to enjoy some pizza, but you can also feel good about what you are feeding your family.
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, stem and gills removed
- 1 lb ground beef (grass fed preferred)
- 2 Tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Homemade Taco Sauce
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc. (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Brush both sides of the mushrooms with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms on a foil lined baking sheet stem side up and bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip the mushrooms and bake for another 5-6 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the taco seasoning and water.
- Stir to combine and cook until the sauce as thickened and the meat is cooked through.
- Once the mushrooms are done, spoon on 1 Tbsp of Homemade Taco Sauce onto the stem side of each mushroom.
- Top each mushroom with 1/4 of the seasoned ground beef.
- Place back into the oven for another 4-5 minutes or until heated through.
- Add toppings, to taste.
- Serve with Low Carb Mexi-rice
Net Carb Count*: Taco Pizzas: 5.08 net carbs (per serving--serves 4)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below
This content will be shown after all post