It’s always great to have a quick and easy ice cream recipe. This one goes back to the basics and combines coconut milk and vanilla extract with a little sweetener and in no time you have a delicious dairy free ice cream. I throw mine in my ice cream maker and it’s ready to enjoy in about 20 minutes. You can also add fresh fruit, dark chocolate pieces, nuts, etc. to add some variety. Another great option is to create an ice cream bar will all of your favorite low carb or paleo toppings and allow each family member to create their own ice cream creation. Kids will love making their own sundaes. You can even create your own “Magic Shell” by combining equal amounts of coconut oil and cocoa powder with sweetener to taste (I recommend using a powdered or liquid sweetener–granular won’t work). Top the magic shell over the ice cream and watch it harden.
- 2 13.5 oz cans of full fat coconut milk
- Sweetener, to taste (I used Confectioner's Swerve
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract (or the insides of 1 vanilla bean)
- Combine all of the ingredients and pour into the bowl of an ice cream maker.
- Freeze according manufacturers directions.
- Serve immediately for soft swerve or freeze for another 1-2 hours to harden.
Net Carb Count*:
Vanilla Ice Cream: 3.75 g net carbs for 1/2 cup (makes about 1 quart)
Total Carb Count: 3.75 g for 1/2 cup
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Looking for more grain free desserts? Check out this great e-book Indulge: 70 Grain Free Desserts which is 20% off right now.
This content will be shown after all post