After I made my first batch of Toasted Coconut Butter I was officially obsessed. I ended up making a few more batches so I could use the Toasted Coconut Butter in other recipes rather than just making the cups/candies. Since I love the combination of chocolate and coconut, I knew the coconut butter would be perfect in my chocolate pudding. The chia seeds in the recipe help thicken the pudding. I ran the chia seeds through a spice grinder so the pudding had a smooth texture, but if you prefer more of a tapioca type texture you could leave them whole. The topping for the pudding was some sweetened coconut cream (the cream that rises to the top of coconut milk when it’s refrigerated over night) and some toasted coconut.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 Tbsp powdered sweetener (I used Swerve. Use Honey for Paleo)
- 1/4 cup slightly melted Toasted Coconut Butter
- 2 1/2 Tbsp ground chia seed
- Combine the coconut milk, cocoa powder, and sweetener until thoroughly incorporated.
- Add the Toasted Coconut Butter and mix to incorporate.
- Add the ground chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Pour into individual serving dishes.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set.
Net Carb Count*: 3.75 per serving (serves 3)
Total Carb Count: 7.95 per serving (plus the carbs for the sweetener - serves 3)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber.
Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
This content will be shown after all post