On my post for Chocolate and Toasted Coconut Swirl Cups I’ve received several comments from people that tried making Toasted Coconut Butter and it did not work from them. People were reporting that it ended up as shredded coconut instead of coconut butter. I normally make toasted coconut butter in my Vitamix so I decided to give it a try in my food processor to make sure it worked as directed. I also made this handy video so you can see how I make the toasted coconut butter. Don’t forget to scroll past the video for the directions for making toasted coconut flakes, the tips and tricks, and recipes that use the Toasted Coconut Butter.
Click Here to Pin It!
Directions for Toasted Coconut Flakes
7 Cups Coconut Flakes (See what I use here)
Preheat oven to 350 F. Spread the coconut flakes onto two baking sheets and bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to stir occasionally (more frequently near the end of the baking time) so the flakes do not burn.
Other Tips and Tricks
- Allow the toasted coconut to cool slightly.
- It takes about 2-3 minutes to process into toasted coconut butter
- To help make it more creamy, add 2-4 Tbsp coconut oil while processing
- Un-toasted coconut flakes or shredded coconut will make regular coconut butter
- Toasted Coconut Butter Cups
- Chocolate and Toasted Coconut Swirl Cups
- Chocolate and Toasted Coconut Butter Pudding