So I told you last week that I was obsessed with the Toasted Coconut Butter I made, so naturally I had to make another recipe featuring my new favorite “nut” butter. I’ve been known to eat regular coconut butter by the spoonful, but it’s not my favorite. I prefer something a little sweeter since I usually have a spoonful or two for dessert. Toasting the coconut brings out the natural sweetness and makes it perfectly sweet.That sweetness goes perfectly in these pancakes, which I topped with some Homemade Blueberry Jam. So enjoy these Toasted Coconut Pancakes!
- 4 large pastured eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Coconut Butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp equivalent sweetener of choice (I used Confectioners Swerve--use honey for Paleo)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, coconut butter, and sweetener (if liquid).
- In a separate bowl, combine sweetener (unless it's liquid), coconut flour, and baking soda.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to combine.
- Allow the mixture to thicken.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of the batter onto a griddle heated over medium heat and flatten to the size of a pancake.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the pancake over and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Net Carb Count*: 2.67 g net carbs (for 2 pancakes--makes 12 pancakes)
Total Carb Count: 6.67 g total carbs (for 2 pancakes, plus the carbs for the sweetener-- makes 12 pancakes)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs - fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click Here to Pin It!