Today I am sharing with you an easy Chocolate Pudding recipe. It only has four ingredients and just takes about 10 minutes to cook. Plus the pudding is divided out into portions so you don’t have to worry about overindulging.
Let’s face it…we’re all busy. Making good decisions in regards to our diets can often be clouded by the fact that our time is limited. Every Friday I will share with you a recipe or technique that uses 5 Ingredients or fewer. The idea is to show you recipes that are easy to prepare and versatile for all of us that don’t have time to whip up a complicated meal during the week.
The recipes will include 5 ingredients or fewer, but there are a few ingredients that are considered “free” ingredients that you probably use every day and are already in your kitchen. The “free” items are water, salt, black pepper, and cooking oil. These items may be used in recipes and won’t count toward the ingredient total. I will also include some optional items that would be great to add if you have them on hand but you don’t need to make a special trip to the store if you’re all out.
Ready to get started?
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate or your favorite chocolate, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Optional: additional preferred sweetener, if desired
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add the coconut milk and egg yolks.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes stirring constantly.
- Once the mixture has thickened, remove the pan from the heat and strain it through a fine mesh strainer.
- Add the chocolate and vanilla extract to a medium bowl and pour the strained mixture over the chocolate.
- Allow the chocolate to melt before stirring to incorporate.
- Pour the pudding evenly into four containers and refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
Net Carb Count*: 9.38 g net carbs (per serving - serves 4)--or 5.25 net carb with stevia sweetened chocolate
Total Carb Count: 13.13 g total carbs (per serving - serves 4)
*Note net carb count = Total carbs – fiber. Carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Check out the VGN Marketplace for Coconut Oil, Coconut Flour, Almond Butter, eBooks and so much more!