Raspberries are in season right now in South Carolina so when the raspberries showed up in my CSA I wanted to make an easy summer dessert that was light and refreshing. Earlier this year I made yummy Lemon Meringue Cookies made with Lemon Curd so naturally I needed to make a Lime Curd this summer. I was also able to reduce the carbs by using Lime Essential Oil so it’s basically a delicious fat bomb full of health fats from egg yolks and butter/ghee.
Of course it is possibly to make it without the essential oils by replacing the Lime EO and water with another 1/4 cup of lime juice.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1 pint of raspberries
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (Juice of about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 Tbsp honey for Paleo or 1/3 cup Confectioner's Swerve for low carb
- 2 large pastured eggs
- 2 large pastured egg yolks
- 6 Tbsp grassfed butter or ghee
- 8-10 drops of Young Living Lime Essential Oil (Learn how to get therapeutic grade essential oils here)
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together lime juice, zest, water, sweetener, eggs, and egg yolks.
- Add the butter and place over a medium low heat.
- Cook the mixture until the butter has melted stirring continuously, about 5-7 minutes.
- Once the mixture has thicken, remove it from the heat and strain it through a fine mesh strainer into a medium bowl.
- Cover the curd directly and refrigerate until cooled.
- Once cool, add the YL Lime Essential Oil 1-2 drops at a time until the desired flavor is reached.
- Place a handful of raspberries in the bottom of a serving dish and spoon lime curd over the raspberries.
- Repeat with another layer of raspberries and then another spoonful of lime curd.
- Top with whipped cream or coconut cream, if desired.
*Not intended as medical advice. Always consult a medical professional before changing diet, supplements, etc.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post