I wanted to make an easy breakfast recipe using the fresh summer berries from my CSA so I decided to switch out the Pumpkin in my Pumpkin Waffles with strawberries. It worked great! The Strawberry Shortcake Waffles make a great breakfast or an easy, no bake summer dessert. I topped the waffles with whipped coconut cream (lightly sweetened) and chopped strawberries. Whipped heavy cream (lightly sweetened) would also work great as a topping if you eat dairy.
It ended up making about 5 large waffles. I didn’t try freezing the leftovers (I didn’t have any), but I’m sure it would work great. Just toast in the toaster to defrost/reheat.
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1 cup pureed strawberries (trim 1 pint of strawberries and puree until smooth)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 4 Tbsp grassfed butter, melted (or coconut oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cup almond flour
- 6 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup powdered coconut sugar (or powdered Swerve for low carb)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberry puree, eggs, coconut milk, butter, and vanilla extract.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix to combine.
- Bake waffles according to the directions of your waffle iron.