Happy August! As August is upon us there is usually a big push to get back on track with health goals as we approach the holiday season. I know a lot of folks are starting on a Whole30 or the 21-Day Sugar Detox to eat squeaky clean after straying a little during the summer. One of my favorite summertime salads to make is a “pasta” salad made with cucumbers. It’s so light a refreshing! The Cucumber “Pasta” Salad is a recipe from my ebook Squeaky Clean Paleo: 100+ Recipes to Beat Boredom and Ditch Cravings, but this time I decided to make “noodles” out of the carrots too. I usually end up serving this salad with a side of grilled chicken for a nice light summer meal without having to turn on the oven.
I hope you enjoy the “pasta” salad and good luck with your health and wellness goals!
Click Here to Pin This Post!
From my ebook Squeaky Clean Paleo. Learn more here
- 1 english cucumber, cut into noodles (see Tutorial)
- 2/3 cup grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, halved*
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots or 1 carrot cut into noodles (see Tutorial)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber noodles, grape tomatoes, olives, and carrots.
- To make the dressing, add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper in a pint sized mason jar.
- Screw the lid onto the jar and shake for 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the dressing over the vegetables and toss to coat.
*When buying olives make sure the olives aren’t packed in low quality vegetable oils or have added preservatives or additives. Also check for preservatives/additives in any of the seasonings you buy, especially the Italian seasoning.
Click +1 Below:
This content will be shown after all post