My recipe for No Bake Almond Butter Bars are very popular so naturally I had to take them to the next level by adding a layer of homemade caramel. Sooooo good! The caramel I made is a Paleo version using coconut sugar. I love to use coconut sugar because I don’t feel the blood sugar spikes like I do when I use honey or maple syrup. In the notes section below I do give an option for a low carb caramel sauce version that you can use instead if you want to reduce the carbs.
Click Here to Pin It!
Caramel Nut Butter Bars
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup powdered coconut sugar (run it through a food processor or blender to powder the coconut sugar or for low carb use powdered Swerve
- 1 cup almond butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 Tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup coconut milk or heavy cream
- 1/4 tsp real salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 5 oz dairy free/soy free chocolate or stevia sweetened chocolatefor low carb
- 2 Tbsp almond butter (or any nut butter)
Nut Butter Layer
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and sweetener.
- Over medium-low heat melt 1 cup of almond butter and coconut oil.
- Once melted, add the almond butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a 8" x 8" baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the water and coconut sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, add the coconut milk and salt. Stir continuously for about 15-20 minutes or until the mixture thickens and darkens in color (very frequent stirring keeps the coconut sugar from burning).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Allow to cool for about 3 minutes and then poor the caramel over the almond butter layer and smooth out the top for even coverage.
- Let set for 15 minutes while melting the chocolate.
- Over medium-low heat melt 2 Tbsp of almond butter and the chocolate (I melted it in a double boiler).
- Once melted, pour the chocolate over the caramel layer and smooth out the top for even coverage.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until set.
- Cut into 16 even bars (using a hot knife helps make the cutting easier without cracking the chocolate).
- Serve very cold.
**For low carb caramel use this recipe here