No Bake Almond Butter Bars (Low Carb and Gluten Free)

almond butter bars_F

To find other great Low-Carb, Gluten-Free recipes, visit with us on Faceboook! Please support the team by buying Low-Carbing Among Friends cookbooks on our website or on Amazon. Thanks for your support!

One of the desserts I used to make all the time was Peanut Butter Bars.  Last year I created a low carb version that was delicious, but still required baking to make the “graham cracker” crumbs.  This year I wanted to create a no bake version and I also wanted to make the bars with almond butter since it’s one of my obsessions lately.  These bars are easy to throw together and perfect for any gathering you have this holiday season.  Word of warning these will be so popular that you may need to make a double batch!

What’s your favorite holiday treat?  I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. :)

Click Here to Pin It!

No Bake Almond Butter Bars (Low Carb and Gluten Free)

No Bake Almond Butter Bars (Low Carb and Gluten Free)

Ingredients

Instructions

1. In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut, and sweetener.
  2. Over medium-low heat melt 1 cup of almond butter and coconut oil.
  3. Once melted, add the almond butter to the dry ingredients and mix well.
  4. Press the mixture into a 8" x 8" baking dish.
  5. Over medium-low heat melt 2 Tbsp of almond butter and the chocolate.
  6. Once melted, pour the chocolate over the almond butter mixture and smooth out the top for even coverage.
  7. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until the almond butter mixture has set. To reduce the amount of time for the almond butter mixture to set place the bars in the freezer until set.
  8. Cut into 12 even bars.

Notes

No Bake Almond Butter Bars: 5.5 net carbs per serving (yields 12 bars)

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

~Karen

Opt In Image
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!

You May Also Like:

Comments

1. Heidi says

wouldn’t you know I just ordered from swerve and forgot to get confectioners sugar?!? Any chance it would work with powdered stevia in a much smaller amount? I’m tempted to give it a try!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

The powdered Swerve sort of dries up the almond butter. You could probably use stevia and a little extra coconut…that might work. Or if you have a spice/coffee grinder you could powder some granular Swerve.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

They can be left out for a short time (an hour or so), but after that I keep them in the fridge. The chocolate I use is 85% so it has a little bit of sugar in it, but you could always use unsweetened and add a liquid or powdered sweetener to it for sweetness.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I only keep track of carbs. You would have to enter the info in myfitnesspal.com or fat secret.com

2. Bren says

Thought and question… I have normal granular style Swerve and I’m wondering if I make my own powdered sugar by processing the granular in my Vita-Mix, could I use 3/4 cup of the processed Swerve for this recipe?? Thanks in advance for your advice!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I’m not sure about a Vitamix, but I have made powder Swerve from putting the granular in a spice grinder. I would think a Vitamix would work if you didn’t run it for too long.

3. Donna Williams says

This is one of the best LC dessert recipes I have ever made. I am absolutely nuts over them. With food this good who needs carbs! Thank you!!!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I have made homemade graham cracker crumbers before by making a crust of almond flour, coconut oil, cinnamon, and a little sweetener. Bake until golden brown and grind into crumbs.

4. Dianna says

What if you can’t stand the taste of coconut… Would anyone like to offer up a complete substitute for coconut. Graham would still be high on the no carb diet, yes?? I’ll have to check out the box.

Thanks

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Yes graham is high in carbs. Almond meal (not flour) may work and give it texture, but just plan almond flour wouldn’t work. You can mix some butter and almond flour and bake to make crumbs, but that would require baking.

5. Tracy says

Do you measure coconut oil and use it melted in your recipes? I never know whether to heat it up first. Mine is solid at room temperature right now.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Depends on the recipe…In this one it is measured solid and then melted with the almond butter.

6. Gina Menendez says

Karen is there a code to get the swerve buy 2 get one free deal? I don’t see anything when I place them in my basket or on the website. Thanks Gina

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Gina, unfortunately this is an old post so that sale is outdated, but you can use use code ‘LOWCARB10′ for 10% off your order

7. betsy says

Hi – I have stevia but I can’t find it in the powdered form. I live in Alaska and can’t find any powdered sugar substitute anywhere. will this recipe work with just the regular stevia? Thanks!!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Stevia wouldnt work, you need something to add bulk. If you have a granular sweetener you can powder it by running it through a food processor of spice grinder.

8. Songbird says

Is there anything I can use instead of almond butter – just butter? Or is there a recipe for almond butter? And splenda in place of swerve? Ingredients pretty scarce where I live!

9. Natalie says

I made this earlier in the week … so sad it’s all gone now!! Was so yummm ….

Actually, it reminded me of a snack my mom made when we were young with Special K cereal … shudder the thought of that now!

10. Susan says

I made this tonight but used the granular Swerve… the crust did dry out a bit from doing this I think but it still tasted good. I would looooove to see cream cheese somehow incorporated in this recipe!!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

That’s a good idea. If you have a spice grinder (or maybe even a blender would work) you could powder your granular Swerve to make it a little finer.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

It’s Net Carb = Carbs – Fiber – Sugar Alcohols The fiber and sugar alcohols are thought to not affect the blood sugar so they are subtracted. Comes from the Atkins diet.

11. Sara says

I saw that the net carbs for one bar WITH chocolate are 5.5, but I’m a little confused about the second nutritional listing:

“Almond butter layer with the chocolate: 33 net carbs for the entire layer (without chocolate topping)”

Is this 33 net carbs for the entire recipe with chocolate, or without? Thanks!!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

That’s the count for the entire almond butter layer without the chocolate. In case people don’t want to add the chocolate layer.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

It won’t work if you remove the coconut. You can make homemade graham cracker crumbs to use instead (recipe on my blog), but that requires baking. Golden flax seed may work in it’s place, but that may be a little hard to digest with all of that flaxseed in there.

12. Pat Lalonde says

This recipe sounds very interesting and simple. I follow a paleo plan but try to limit my intake of nuts. Can one substitute coconut flour for the almond flour? Thank you in advance.

• Karen Sorenson says

I’m not sure if Stevia would work in this case…the powdered sweetener gives it some bulk/dryness