Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Paleo)

I decided to continue the bacon wrapped theme by making Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs.  These were so delicious and easy to make.  All you have to do it season the chicken, wrap it with bacon, and throw it in the oven.  The results are juicy and flavorful chicken.  Perfect for a weeknight dinner!  Use your favorite spices on the chicken and if you eat dairy it would probably be great with some cheese on it.

What do you like to make with bacon?  I’d love to hear about it in the comments below. :)

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs (Low Carb and Paleo)

8 pieces of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
8 pieces of bacon
1/2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepperPreheat the oven to 375 F.  Combine the spices in a small bowl.  Sprinkle the chicken thighs with half of the spice mixture on one side and rub it into the chicken.  Flip the chicken over and repeat with the remaining spice mixture.  Fold the chicken thighs in half and wrap one piece of bacon around each chicken thigh.  Place the chicken thighs bacon seam side down and bake for 30 minutes.  Broil the chicken for another 5-10 minutes or until the bacon is crispy and the chicken is cooked through (keep an eye on it).

Net Carb Count*:
Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs: 6 net carbs (entire recipe)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
 Enjoy!
~Karen

DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!

You May Also Like:

Comments

1. Anonymous says

In our house it would be bacon wrapped prawns. It is the birthday dinner asked for by my daughters. Don’t know if that is Paleo, but it should fall under low carb.
    Sarah in CA

2. Anonymous says

I am going to try this with chicken breasts. I will cut each breast in half (well technically it will be breast half in half :) ) This should be an excellent dinner. smw

3. jodie says

Absolutely delicious! Thanks for the recipe. We enjoyed these cold the next day also! Definitely doing these on a regular basis!

4. Kara says

I am obsessed with this recipe. I usually don’t make recipes twice (there are so many good ones plus I am crazy) but this I’ve made twice in three weeks! My boyfriend LOVES it, it’s inexpensive, and it is so totally easy and quick to make! Thanks for sharing :)

5. S says

Oh my gosh! This was SOOOOOOOOOOOO good!! I did mine with just garlic salt and pepper on the thighs then rolled it around this little chunk of swiss cheese with a half slice of red onion. Then I wrapped it in Farmer John’s Maple Bacon (says 0 carbs per slice, but there was some sugar involved to make the amazing maple flavor, so kind of cheating there). My broiler sucks so I baked it the 35 minutes then browned it up in hot oil in a big skillet. WOWWWWWWWWWWW!!! It was amazing.

Thank you for this recipe!!!

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

You could either pre-cook the bacon a little before wrapping the chicken or turn up the oven to a higher temp to create the crispiness

6. Lyn Sato says

Thank you! Will try this tonight. I started low carb this month, but others in the fam are not. This will please everybody, I’m sure!

7. Tanya says

Thanks for all the great recipes and ideas. Do you ever worry about all the nitrates in bacon? The non-cured bacon has less nitrates but is more expensive.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Glad you like the recipes! I get uncured when I can, but I don’t lose sleep over it. Ultimately you have to make the best choices you can with what you have.