- 1 lb cauliflower florets
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 rib celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 lb radishes, quartered
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cups chicken bone broth
- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast (or Parmesan cheese)
- In a large pot, combine 5 cups of water with the cauliflower, 1/2 of the carrots, and onion over medium high heat.
- Simmer until tender and then blend until smooth (working in batches if using a regular blender).
- In the large pot, heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium high heat and saute the garlic and celery until tender (2-3 minutes).
- Add the puree, the rest of the carrots, spinach, and radishes.
- Add the broth, fennel, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Bring the soup to a boil and reduce the heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the veggies are tender.
- Add the nutritional yeast and chicken and heat through.
Net Carb Count*: Tuscan Chicken Soup: 42 net carbs (for the entire recipe--serves 6-8)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!