Today’s recipe is Dijon Pork Breakfast Skillet, which is perfect for breakfast. My favorite breakfasts are ones I can make using one pan. I throw some meat, veggies, and seasoning in a pan and it’s the best breakfast. It’s fast and doesn’t require a lot of prep. You could even save more time in the morning by cutting up the veggies the night before. I usually end up making a double batch on the weekends and I eat off of the leftovers all week. Just reheat and breakfast is served in no time! For those that eat eggs, this dish would be great with an egg on top.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 8 oz mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, and cut into half-moon slices
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp basil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard (check ingredients)
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and brown for 3-4 minutes.
- Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender.
- Push the veggies to the sides of the pan leaving the middle open.
- Add the ground pork and the spices. Break the meat into pieces and brown the meat, but don’t mix in the veggies yet.
- Once the meat is cooked through incorporate it with the veggies.
- Add Dijon mustard and heat through.
- Season to taste.
Net Carb Count*: Dijon Pork Breakfast Skillet: 17 net carbs (for the entire recipe--serves 4)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
DISCLAIMER: Not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease. Always consult a doctor or authorize medical professional before changing your diet, medications, etc. PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!