When I first posted my recipe for a Chocolate Muffin in a Minute I received requests for different varieties. People love to throw together these quick muffins as an easy breakfast. I’ve mentioned before how I’ve never been a fan of Muffins in a Minute throughout my years of low carb mostly because all of the recipes I came cross all use flax seed. I prefer a muffin in a minute without flax mostly because the taste of flax seed has never been appealing to me. I’ve tried it so many times to give it a fair judgment. I even tried brand new packages of flax seed and grinding my own in case the package I was using was rancid. No luck, I always end up throwing away what I made because the flax never tastes right. I also like the texture of the muffins without flax seed better than muffins that use flax. To me, flax makes the muffins dense and heavy. For this version, I used almond flour to make the muffin, which is light and fluffy. I ended up having some leftover blueberries that I wanted to use up so I threw them in this delicious muffin recipe. It was a quick and easy way to make a blueberry muffin that can be served for either breakfast or dessert.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp equivalent sweetener (I use Swerve or 15-20 drops of liquid stevia)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter + more for greasing the ramekin
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 large pastured egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh organic blueberries
- Lightly grease two 4 1/2" ramekins.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except the blueberries) and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Add the blueberries and stir to incorporate.
- Divide the batter evenly into the ramekins and microwave* for 1 minute 20 seconds (up to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until set).
- Run a knife along the edge of the ramekins and remove the muffins.
- Serve with butter or ghee.
- *Optionally you can bake these muffins at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
Net Carb Count*: Blueberry Muffins in a Minute: 6.2 net carbs (per serving--yields 2 large servings)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Click +1 Below:
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!