Blueberry Muffin in a Minute (Low Carb and Paleo Friendly)

blueberry muffin in a minute_low carb and paleo

Want to learn more about essential oils? Join the community Facebook group! Thanks for your support!

When I first posted my recipe for a Chocolate Muffin in a Minute I received requests for different varieties.  People love to throw together these quick muffins as an easy breakfast.  I’ve mentioned before how I’ve never been a fan of Muffins in a Minute throughout my years of low carb mostly because all of the recipes I came cross all use flax seed.  I prefer a muffin in a minute without flax mostly because the taste of flax seed has never been appealing to me.  I’ve tried it so many times to give it a fair judgment.  I even tried brand new packages of flax seed and grinding my own in case the package I was using was rancid. No luck, I  always end up throwing away what I made because the flax never tastes right.  I also like the texture of the muffins without flax seed better than muffins that use flax.  To me, flax makes the muffins dense and heavy.  For this version, I used almond flour to make the muffin, which is light and fluffy.  I ended up having some leftover blueberries that I wanted to use up so I threw them in this delicious muffin recipe.  It was a quick and easy way to make a blueberry muffin that can be served for either breakfast or dessert.

blueberry muffin in a minute_low carb and paleo

Blueberry Muffin in a Minute

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup almond flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3 Tbsp equivalent sweetener (I use Swerve or 15-20 drops of liquid stevia)
  • 1 Tbsp coconut oil or grass fed butter + more for greasing the ramekin
  • 2 Tbsp almond butter
  • 1 large pastured egg
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice
  • 1/4 cup fresh organic blueberries

Instructions

1. Lightly grease two 4 1/2" ramekins.
  2. In a small bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients.
  3. Add the remaining ingredients (except the blueberries) and stir to thoroughly combine.
  4. Add the blueberries and stir to incorporate.
  5. Divide the batter evenly into the ramekins and microwave* for 1 minute 20 seconds (up to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until set).
  6. Run a knife along the edge of the ramekins and remove the muffins.
  7. Serve with butter or ghee.
  8. *Optionally you can bake these muffins at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.

Notes

Net Carb Count*: Blueberry Muffins in a Minute: 6.2 net carbs (per serving--yields 2 large servings)

*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Click +1 Below:

Opt In Image
PAID ENDORSEMENT DISCLOSURE: In order for me to support my blogging activities, I may receive monetary compensation or other types of remuneration for my endorsement, recommendation, testimonial and/or link to any products or services from this blog. Some links on this site are affiliate links, including Amazon.com affiliate links. If you purchase a product through an affiliate link, your costs will be the same but Holistically Engineered will receive a small commission. This helps cover some of the costs for this site. I appreciate your support!

You May Also Like:

Comments

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

I haven’t tried it, but it may change the texture. Another nut butter would probably work better.

1. Charlotte says

This muffin is yummy, yummy, yummy….and the spare is GREAT the next day (if it lasts that long :-) ). Thank you for a muffin that is without flax seed meal…..and without coconut flour. This one will be a staple in my house. I’ve got some yummy peaches in my fridge. Wonder how they might taste in this muffin instead of blueberries. Any suggestions?????

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

It would work, but you would have to adjust the cooking time depending on if it was wider or more narrow.

2. Melanie says

I made these for breakfast this morning. They were a hit! What a delicious recipe! Thanks for all the wonderful things you post. I love to see what you come up with next :) Everything I’ve ever made from your blog had been just tasty!

3. Jennifer says

Quick question. I don’t have any almond flour or even any almonds to create almond flour, but I have a lot or coconut flour, oat flour and whole wheat flour. Would any of those work in place of the almond flour?

Thanks, Jennifer

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Unfortunately the coconut flour would require a lot more liquid in order to work. I’m not familiar with the other flours.

4. Jenny says

Thank you for this muffin recipe without flax. Almost every low carb baked item anymore uses flaxseed. I can’t eat flax.. it’s a digestive issue. So happy to get this. I do think chopped up peaches sound yummy in them.

5. Katharine says

Hi Karen, I’m going to purchase some ramekins and just want to confirm yours are 4.5″ not 4.5oz…is that right? The 4.5″ ones I found are 10 oz capacity, does that sound right? Sorry to bug with this detail, just want to buy the ones that will work in something like this recipe. Thanks!! :)

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

yeah it’s 4.5″…I’m not sure of the ounces on mine, but side are only about 1 inch high. If you use a taller one it should be fine, but won’t rise above the top of the ramekin.

• Karen LowCarbOneDay says

Yes, that should work, but only sweeten to taste not necessarily the same amount of vanilla extract

6. Margaret says

These are delicious! Normally I don’t care for things “baked” in a microwave but these are a great exception. I really can’t get past both the taste and mouthfeel of flax so I’ve never been a fan of the OMM in any form til now. Thanks!