I’m obsessed with desserts in a mug lately. Everything from Muffins in a Minute to cookies. Seriously, have you tried my Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Minute? It’s fabulous! Today’s recipe also ties in a popular food trend of salted caramel. I’ve seen it all over the place…especially Pinterest so naturally I needed to create a grain free way to enjoy salted caramel. I ended up created grain free mug cakes. It’s ready in just minutes and it has all the flavors of salted caramel…with a lot less carbs.
Enjoy it right out of the mug with a spoon and topped with butter/ghee or homemade ice cream 🙂
Click Here to Pin It!
- 1 Tbsp ghee or butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar (or Homemade Brown "Sugar"--find the recipe here)
- 1 Tbsp almond butter, lightly melted
- 1 large pastured egg
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Celtic Sea Salt (to taste)
- In a small bowl, mix together the ghee (or butter) and sweetener.
- Add the almond butter, egg, vanilla, and lemon juice until well combine.
- Add the almond flour, baking soda, and salt and mix to throughly incorporate.
- Divide the batter evenly into two mugs or ramekins and microwave* for 1 minute 20 seconds (Note: times may vary start with 1 minute and more time up to 1 minute and 30 seconds or until set).
- Serve topped with butter or ghee.
- *Optionally you can bake these muffins (in a ramekin) at 350 F for 15-17 minutes or until cooked through.
- Grease the mug or ramekin with ghee or butter, if desired, to be able to remove the muffin from the mug or serve with a spoon.
Total Carbs: 5.3 g (for 1 cake...plus the carbs for the sweetener)
Net Carbs: 3.5 g (for 1 cake...plus the carbs for the sweetener)