Last week I posted my version of Low Carb Moose Tracks Ice Cream. Well even though I’m late to the ice cream party, I couldn’t stop there! I had to make a low carb strawberry version as well. My ice cream maker has officially been broken in and I may squeeze out one more batch of ice cream before the summer ends. This Paleo and Low Carb Strawberry Ice Cream recipe just hits the spot right now! I’ll have time since it doesn’t really cool of here until November/December. Gotta love living in the South!
Strawberry Ice Cream (Low Carb, Dairy Free, and Gluten Free)
- 2 cans (13.5 oz) coconut milk
- 16 oz frozen strawberries
- 1/2-3/4 cup equivalent sweetener (I used Swerve–sweeten to taste)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries (optional)
- In a blender combine all the ingredients, except for the fresh strawberries, and blend until smooth. Place the mixture in your ice cream maker and process according to the manufacturers directions.
- Add the strawberries right before the ice cream is done to combine.
- Serve immediately or place the ice cream in the freezer for 1-2 hours to harden.
Net Carb Count*:
Low Carb Strawberry Ice Cream: 6.6 net carbs for each 1/2 cup serving (not including fresh strawberries–makes about 5 cups of ice cream)
*Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts and gluten information.
Comments: This was very easy to make even if you don’t have an ice cream maker. It was great right out of the blender! I may have snuck a few spoonfuls before the mixture made it to the ice cream maker. This is definitely worth trying before summer is over!
Click Here to Pin It!
Products I used for this meal (click the image for more info or to purchase):
Check out other Allergy Free Recipes: