Chicken Parmesan is one of my favorite chicken dishes so I’m always looking for ways to reinvent the dish. I ended up grilling the chicken which is a lot easier than going through the hassle of “breading” the chicken. It tastes just as good! Now I made this before I started the Whole30 and I haven’t added any dairy since I finished. I just do not handle dairy very well so it’s best for me to stay away from it, but I had to share this recipe with those that still can enjoy dairy. If you are dairy free just leave out the cheese, that’s what I usually do and it’s delicious!
Click Here to Pin It!
Grilled Chicken Parmesan (Low Carb and Gluten Free)
- 1 lb boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (or a blend of rosemary, basil, oregano, and thyme)
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (no sugar added)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese, to taste (for topping the chicken)
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Heat a skillet or grill pan over medium high heat with 1 Tbsp of oil.
- To make it easier to coat the chicken pulse the Italian seasoning in a spice grinder (optional).
- Mix together the seasoning and the Parmesan cheese.
- Grill (or sear) the chicken for 3-4 minutes per side. Place the chicken in a baking dish and top with marina and cheese. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese has melted.
- For no bake option, Grill the chicken until cooked through. Place a piece of foil on the grill under the chicken, top with marinara sauce and cheese. Cover the grill and cook until the cheese has melted.
- Served with zucchini and yellow squash noodles. To make the "noodles" I used a spiral slicer and sauteed the noodles (with a little bit of oil) for 2-4 minutes until the "noodles" were tender.
Net Carb Count*: Low Carb Grilled Chicken Parmesan: 7 net carbs (for the entire Chicken Parmesan Recipe recipe) *Note carb counts are estimated based on the products I used. Check nutrition labels for accurate carb counts.
Comments: The combination of Italian seasoning and parmesan cheese added lots of flavor to the chicken. The marinara helps keep the chicken moist and tender. This is definitely a must try!